OVERVIEW – IAS EXAM PATTERN SCHEME
SUMMARY :NEW IAS EXAM PATTERN 2018
The Indian Civil Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year. The RAS and IAS exam pattern is announced during January – February after which the selection is done in 3 stages. Candidates are filtered at every stage through a process of elimination.
The competitive exam pattern comprises of three successive stages :
- Civil Services – Preliminary Examination – Objective Type (Qualifier)
- Civil Services – Main Examination – Written Test
- Interview / Personality Test
The Prelims are held in May-June and the results are announced in July-August. The Main examination is held in October-November and the candidates who qualify at this stage are invited to the interview in March-April next. The final recruitment and posting of candidates depends on their ranking and the available vacancies for different posts to be filled during that particular year.This is the complete process of IAS exam pattern 2018.
Students need to first apply for the Preliminary Examination only. Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Main Examination will have to apply again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be supplied to them.
The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year for various Services and Posts.
Click here to know more about the Preliminary Examination.
The Main Examination will consist of 9 papers in total comprising of conventional essay type questions.
- Candidates who obtain minimum qualifying marks in the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview / for a Personality Test.
- The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled.
Click here to know more about the Main Examination.
- The interview will carry 275 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).
- Marks thus obtained by the candidates (in the Main Examination as well as interview) would determine their final ranking.
- Candidates will be posted to various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various Services and Posts.
Click here to know more about the Interview / Personality Test.
What Students Says
Motive Academy is as a viable instructing gathering for competitors like me who look for an adaptable calendar and state-of-the-art material. The live tests gave me a genuine test understanding and helped me battle mental meltdown. Furthermore, the All India Ranking gaged my position in the opposition. In general, it is a decent trade for even the best guiding focuses.
Quality tests make Motive Academy an absolute necessity attempt.Motive Academy Is Best RAS and IAS Coaching In jaipur.
The interface is decent, and simple to utilize. It likewise takes after the one utilized by Door this year, so that is an or more.
On the off chance that you take each practice test in Motive Academy.in genuinely, nobody can prevent you from breaking Door.
A decent question bank collaborated with a top to bottom investigation of the individual subjects and in addition a general gauge of your execution are quite recently the correct fixings an Entryway hopeful needs.
Similar interface to GATE helped me a lot to get adjusted to exam environment.Start Your Preparation With Motive Academy's Study Material and Online Classes For RAS and IAS.Motive Academy Is Best RAS and IAS Coaching In jaipur.